Monday, 1 July 2013

Day 10



Josh, Richard and myself had breakfast at our favourite Joma Bakery Café before heading back to our room to clean up and pack for our departure at 11:00am. We had a group photo with Khankeo at the new Laos airport that only opened a week ago and said our thank yous & goodbyes to him. He was an excellent tour guide and I look forward to giving detailed feedback on his high level of expertise when I return home.

We arrived safely in Bangkok and had a six hour gap between when we had to be back at the airport. We went to MBK and The Paragon, two seven storey shopping centres. I’m not sure about the girls but us guys were beginning to have had enough of shopping after a few hours. I found that MBK was more of a market shopping centre where as The Paragon was a higher class with famous brands and retail stores.


We were on our flight back to home to Brisbane by midnight, set for a eight and a half hour flight. Unfortunately that night and on the flight home I started getting sick with flu-like symptoms.

I think this whole volunteer experience has helped me to gain a greater understanding of my university studies. I have found that on this trip I have used and implemented theories & concepts learnt in classes to teach the local community, committees, boards and officials to further grow further in their designated area. 
Conversely, putting these theories/concepts into practice has made me better understand the purpose of studying them and how widely they can be used to benefit others, even from a volunteer experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment