Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Day 11


We arrived in Brisbane at 11:40am and used our last duty free opportunities before heading through immigration to collect our baggage. Once we all had our bags we began to say our goodbyes and departed. I am surprised to say how sad it was to suddenly say goodbye to the fourteen other people I have lived with and shared the same experiences over the last eleven days.

I believe together as a whole group us student leaders of the Griffith Business School have bonded very well and developed friendships that will last a lifetime. For it was this amazing volunteer experience and the ability to help others that has brought us closer together for the purpose of developing villagers in Laos. This was a unique opportunity and has taught me more than I could have anticipated about giving back to the wider community. Furthermore, I would recommend for anyone to take an opportunity such as this, for the experience is invaluable and one I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment